Sunday, March 1, 2009

Twilight... The Book


Have you read it? What do you think?
It's a book I just couldn't put down, but a book that very much disappointed me.
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer was recommended to me by my sis in law. I don't read much but when I do, I get sucked in.
So I started reading it and finished it in the first round.
The book was awesome! Till later towards the end.
The author paints a perfect picture of the scenery, the smells, the feelings and everything.... till the end!
There are a few chapters in the end where more detailed information is so vital and you get nothin!
There's a fighting part and she mentions no details. I NEED the details. How did it happen? What led them to find the villain? Who fought when and did what?!?!?!
There was also a part where the main character makes a getaway and there were no details about when and how her "sitters" realized she was gone. How they informed her "lover", the reactions, the race against time and the find!
I know the book is geared towards high school reading but I believe the main way to get non reading children to love reading is to keep them interested. Unfortunately it seemed as though the author lost her patience in detailing towards the end. It was a quick ending to the book.
Did you read it? Worth the read that's for sure but just slightly disappointing.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Yes, I became hooked and read the entire series, then drug my husband along to the movie!!!