Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's your idea of an awesome vacation?

So there's the poll to the right... VOTE!
My fave is a CRUISE BABY!
My first was a Carnival cruise and when they say fun ship, they mean it!
It was beautiful and amazing and exciting and so much fun!
And of course what happens on the ship stays on the ship cause lord knows our drunk moments should not be mentioned hee hee.
That cruise gave alcohol a new meaning!
We stopped at San Juan, Saint Thomas and Saint Marten..... I probably didn't spell that correctly :(

The islands were beautiful!
We stopped at the Senior Frog's in San Juan and lemme tell yah people, THE BEST BAR IN THE WORLD!
Daytime is ok at the bar but at night, it's AMAZING!
It's a touristy bar so you KNOW "fun" happens there. The drinks are outstanding not to mention the free shots! They had people standing on the stage or on chairs pouring shots into our mouths as we danced. I know many of you have heard of this place but you HAVE to go to understand just how much fun it is!

In St. Thomas.... this is IF I'm remembering the island correctly there's a lift that takes you to the top of a mountain. You can see the island from up there and it's an absolutely breathtaking view.
The ship itself is great. When you're stuck on a ship for a while, you be come friends with EVERYONE!
We were 2 people and being the social person I am... we ended up being a group of over 50 people! It was great! The night club on board had an amazing DJ and YES you were able to put in special requests so I somehow actually got half the club to dance Cotton Eye Joe... Hey! I had to! I promised the DJ if he would put that song on, it would be danced to!
And the spa was fantastic. If you book on the first day FOR the first day, you get a discount.... not to mention the masseur was unbelievable. The hair salon was not so great unfortunately. They don't really know what they're doing but I guess for the week long guests it's enough to survive.
The pools were awesome. There were a few and also hot tubs. Only thing that bummed me out was that they close after a certain hour whereas the Royal Caribbean cruises I've been on keep their pools and hot tubs open all the time. And they had a water slide too! It's pretty nice seeing the whole ship in the middle of nowhere before you go down the hatch
They also had a piano bar where we had an absolute blast. The piano was on a rotating stage and we were all able to sit around the player. He had a mini basketball hoop on the piano and we could request a song for a dollar. Technically we found out later that he wasn't supposed to do special requests for money but business is business I guess.
We all sang along, drank and were definitely merry!
They had karaoke, name that tune, how to make towel animals, pictionary, color war, pool side parties and games, shows, competitions, scavenger hunts, survivor, classes, bars, coffee shops, restaurants and so much more!
You can find anything and everything you need on these ships including fun people that know how to have a blast just like you.

Now I don't remember which island this was on (shocking!) but we snorkeled....
Now snorkeling is pretty interesting. We signed up for this specific one because we were going to see ship wrecks under water and then get to feed the fish... not to mention free rum!
So yeah it was great but my god.... I won't do it again.
For 45 minutes we were swimming around these ship wrecks and I just wanted to feed the damn fish.... so we finally got the mushy cubes of food.... it was nice.... I put my head under water and pushed a cube away and was SUPER excited to see an array of fish attack the food. They were beautiful. Different sizes and colors you could only imagine. So I threw another cube in their direction and got excited again.... same with the third cube and then I said "screw it" and pushed the whole chunk of cube at them to see them go crazy.... WOOHOOO!!!!!!! then I left :)
Call it A.D.D. if you like but by that time I was heaving and attempting to stay above water.

All in all this cruise was one of my best experiences! I would much rather spend time on the ocean, tanning and meeting people, playing games and dressing up for dinner, dancing away the night with questionable sobriety and eating anything in sight!
Oh and the room service is FREE BABY and 24 HOURS!

I can see why people like traveling the world to see sights and stuff but I can't imagine anything more memorable, fun and exciting as a cruise!
So yeah.... my vote was for the cruise.
What's YOUR vote?

No comments: