Monday, October 6, 2008

Engaged


Thank you all for the congrats and well wishes!
Yeah... we're engaged!
So everyone has been asking about our story... you don't know much because it's only been a short time so I'm killing as many birds with one stone and here is our story...

Most of you remember Mike. Well obviously that's over. We had a great run and I truly believe he blessed me. We always joked about how every girl he dates finds the man she's meant to be with after him :)
If you read this Mike, thank you... and I wish only happiness for you!

So we broke up and I was back to square one. Online dating of course... on Jdate thank you very much. Now Jdate is a very special website. Supposed to be exclusively for Jewish singles but we have some Goyim there too. I had been on and off it for a while and met my share of nuts too! Figured maybe pass the time with it... hey you never know!
David sent me a message one day... didn't bother reading his profile (I've read so many and for the most part, they're repetitive). But I saw his pictures and he was soooo cute!
This was on a Friday, June 27th. We chatted most of the day and finally had a 5 minute conversation over the phone. He had guests that evening so I told him if he wanted to go out later, to call me.
11 at night, JUST as I had finished cooking dinner I received a text message from him "I know you're still up, wanna go out?"
Cocky huh?
I don't know how the stars were lined up that night but I wasn't up for going out and nonetheless I got my fat butt up and met him.
My first impression was "hmmmm not sure about the outfit but I can work with it"
So we sat there and waited for the train... small talked and met an odd man that we tried to help. He claimed he was on his way to the hospital and wasn't feeling well. Pulled out pills to show he was on medication. After attempting to convince him that he will pay for his cab to the hospital, David decided to give up and the small talk continued.
I THINK that old man was an angel in disguize sent to show me that David has such a good heart.
'El Greco was our diner of choice (for lack of anything better) and once again my theory was strengthened about their terrible food.
Mind you we only had an appetizer but my god it was HORRIBLE! The alcohol on the other hand was GREAT!
So we had some shots and I learned about my future husband.
At some point I was so intrigued, my head rested on my hand and I listened to every word (although I WAS a little tipsy by then)... I think this was the turning point where I fell in love... sounds stupid and unreal but who's got the engagement ring 3 months later?! he he he

Left the diner and headed towards a local bar. Now David isn't too tall so Mr. Cocky is also picky about high heels. I found myself walking barefoot in the streets of Brooklyn with a stranger holding my shoes and his own. His socks were in his pockets, both pairs of shoes in one hand and in the other he held my hand.
At the bar we ordered a few more shots... I was drunk but I remember him looking at me and saying "I hope you don't get mad when I do this"
Then he kissed me and I fell for him!

By the time we got back to the train station I was GONE! So so drunk!
He had to run down to the grocery store to buy me some water! No food and man shots.... not a good combination.
He walked me home, I opened the door and hugged the toilet for the next half hour.
I was sure I wouldn't hear from him again but when I woke up the next morning... with NO hangover thanks to my little trick... I found he had sent me a message to see how I was doing.
That day we met again and so began our relationship!

I had never met a man so devoted to a woman's happiness (aside from both of my amazing brothers). Ever since, he has done so much to make me happy and smile. I've received more flowers from David than I have from all of the men I've ever dated put together!
I wish for every woman to find the man of her dreams and hope more men like David exist out there... we might be less bitchy to eachother if more women were happy :)

So for a while now we've been saying that we want to take the Circle Line cruise around the city. On September 30th, second day of Rosh Hashanna he took me! Didn't tell me where we were going or anything!
It was beautiful even though I was sleepy (I started getting sick the night before).
In the back you're able to smoke so.... that's where we were!
At one point he kept trying to convince me to go to the front and the stubborn ass that I am, I didn't wanna go and just wanted to chill in the back... HEY! I wasn't feeling well grrrrr
Finally he convinced me!
So towards the end of the cruise, there I am in front sitting on the thing that you tie the rope around it while hugging his legs.
He began to tell me about how the day before he spoke to my mom... this is where he pulled away from me and I drew a complete blank!
As he stepped back, he opened his bag to pull out the ring, got down on bended knee and proposed.
You know, I always imagined there would be a proposal speech...
You're the most wonderful woman I have ever met, I can't imagine my life without you, I love you more then life itself yada yada yada
He DID say some things but ask me what he said!
I HAVE NO IDEA!
When I say I drew a blank, all went kaput!
I just saw the love of my life on bended knee holding out a ring...
Right there in front of everyone!
We hugged and kissed and now yeah! WE'RE ENGAGED!

No comments: