Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Latest Work

So I get these spurts of creativity once in a while. If it's not a spurt, it doesn't come out right!

This is a pretty cool one I'm proud of. Firstly the shelves were taken from an old unit. I painted them in shades of brown with black and white accents. I painted the "L" 's in the same color too.



Then I took the backing from my living room entertainment system (had no use for it anyway) and folded it into a long hexagon type cylinder. I threw some beads onto wire string, poked holes in the cylinder and hung them.
The three boxes used to be box pictures. I sawed out the pictures (it's all wood) and screwed eyelets into the interior panels. Then pulled different color wiring randomly through the eyelets. And the main golden colors form a Magen David. Then I hung those too! I LOVE this one!






Here's a wall art wire decor with hanging pendants.


Then I added pics of my guy and me from our Valentine's cruise vacation a few years back.


This is an OLD one but still a big favorite! The wooden back is from an old clock that broke. I painted it black which looks great because it's natural wood.
The middle part is an extra thick plastic sheet from an old frame that broke. I collage painted it in browns and golds then used crackle glue for the weathered effect and finished it off with scrapbook leaves.


Hopefully I'll be inspired to continue!

No comments: