Friday, September 19, 2008

The Shithole!


So yeah as I've mentioned it's a shithole but we have our reasons. We actually turned it into a livable place but our main issue right now is the minimal mold on the walls of the first floor. Small circles of mold. We did some research and read up that it effect children and older people with weak immune systems. My guy is a bull and can handle it all and so far I haven't had any symptoms at all, we've been here for a week.

We're not planning on a life in this house but it's a temporary set up till we get on our feet.
Does anyone know of easy and CHEAP remedies? Something we can do that won't take up much time as we're both working and still have yet to set this place up a little more?

It's actually only in the living room and dining room.
I heard I can scrub the walls with soapy bleach water in an attempt to kill it but my guy read that sometimes dead mold, if not fully removed can be more harmful.
He has allergies and they haven't gotten worse since we've been here so I'm only blindly assuming I'm being paranoid... LIORR You're making me paranoid! :)
That's my sis in law... She is convinced the mold will have serious effects on our health.

Sooooo Any opinions? Vote on the poll! Leave a comment! Give us suggestions PLEASE! Either get me out of this house and feed into my paranoia or reassure me that a few months in a 2 room moldy home is ok and not such a big deal!

Thanks all!

1 comment:

Y of F said...

hun, black mold is scary. i wouldnt mess around.

Just my 2 cents.