Saturday, September 6, 2008

Weight Watchers

Just wanted to share some info. Firstly I love the system, love the fact that I can eat what I want and love the food variations I've come up with!
And now that I'm logging, I'm realizing so many new things!
For instance, those of you that chew sugar free gum... check the calorie count on that! I honestly never bothered checking and I used to chew stick after stick of gum! The gum I chew has 5 calories! Which seems like nothing but by the time the taste runs out of that one, I'm stuffing another in my mouth and by the end of the day I would have at least 50 calories worth in my system! CRAZY!
So yeah, I'm logging! Trying my best to keep track of it all!

I love the weight watchers foods too! There are a lot of point friendly foods that you can buy but my god! Half of them taste terrible!!! I bought the Weight Watchers string cheese and it tastes GREAT! And they came out with these Latte Straws. I take one cup of milk with 2 ice cubes and if I'm in the mood for more sweetness I add a Splenda or two and throw in the straw. The straw has these balls of flavor that melt as you suck the milk through so you get a flavor burst with every sip!

I tried some of their 1 point mini bars too. The chocolate caramel and the oatmeal raisin are pretty good but I really like the raspberry chocolate bites. Today I bought the peanut butter mini bars, I have yet to taste 'em but anything with peanut butter has to be gooood!

This week as I was logging, they had a snack suggestion on that day's page. The apple stacker. You remove the core of an apple, slice it in 3 and put 1 tbsp of peanut butter in between the slices. It's a little hard to keep the peanut butter there but I enjoyed the combination.

The Weight Watchers yogurts are great too! They have so many flavors and 1 point each! PLEASE next time you grab for a yogurt, just take a look at the back! It may say low fat but check the calories! See how much sugar is in it! You will be amazed!!!










Fact is, when we look in the mirror we would like to see a thin and fit person staring back. Women AND men... Many disregard the fact that men also have many issues with their appearance. They sometimes deny caring about their looks but everyone wants to love what they see in the mirror and rarely anyone ever does.
Many people blame society for the unfairness towards the overweight but we're all using that as an excuse to be the way we are! Being thin and fit is a GOOD thing and we should all want to be that way not for the attention (I'm being a hypocrite :), not because we're told, not because we envy the bikini wearing models and the muscular men that have women drooling but because it's HEALTHY! When you can run up a flight of stairs without suffocating by the time you hit the middle, that's an accomplishment! When you have more energy to play with your kids, and walk out of the house feeling good and confident, that's an accomplishment!
Do it for whatever reason, stupid or small but do it!

I grew up as a fat child. Not overweight, fat! I was laughed at and would come home crying all the time because children can be mean. I struggled with weight all my life and no matter how happy I may have been at times, it's not the same as when I feel confident enough to go on the evil scale because I know I lost even a LITTLE weight.
I used to be a damn size 18!!! Now I'm fluctuating between 14 and 12. And I would like to reach the point where I can look in the mirror and not feel the need to suck my stomach in so that I can stand to see myself! Although FYI that does help slowly build stomach muscles :)

And another FYI. I learned something sad and interesting today at the meeting.
There are over 180 MILLION starving people in the world!
BUT!!!
There are over 1 BILLION overweight people in the world!
It's sad that the greatest country in the world is suffering from an obesity epidemic. That one of our biggest crisis is obesity!

Starting next week, for 6 weeks, Weight Watchers is doing something amazing! They told us today that for 6 weeks they will donate 1 POUND OF FOOD for every POUND lost during these weeks! How wonderful is that!?
I say, BE SELFISH! Don't do it because you want more to be donated (as amazing as that is) but you have to do it firstly for yourself!

And I'm hoping this post of mine will help me out if I ever feel like reaching for a 17 point piece of carrot cake :)

If you've lost any weight, post a comment. How much did you lose? How did you lose it? What tips do you have for me? (and my readers... if you're out there :)

No comments: